What's on my bed side cabinet?

20:20 Unknown 0 Comments



My Diary

I like writing things in my diary, it makes me feel responsible and organised and like an adult. Although, I tend to use it meticulously for a month then forget about it for the next...

Nivea Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

I’ve decided that 22 is an appropriate age to start using anti-wrinkle cream if I want to avoid looking all haggard. While I wanted an eye cream that can prevent wrinkles, what I really wanted was one that can minimise dark circles too. I recently googled ‘why do we get dark circles?’ (praise the Lord for Google eh?) and it’s because blood passes through large vessels beneath your under-eye skin which is thin. When you’re tired, your body produces more cortisol to keep you awake, which means more blood passes through these veins.

SO ANYWAY I guess the ingredients that prevent your skins loss of elasticity must in turn minimise the appearance of these veins.

That was long, but important, I think?

Nivea Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream

I bought this after seeing good results from the Q10 eye cream. It always seems like a good idea to combine products from the same range. Is that just marketing spiel that they tell you on adverts though? Am I just a dupe of the market?

American Psycho – Bret Easton Ellis

I love reading the classics, and ‘reading more’ seems to be the only New Years resolution that I’ve held down. Basically (and I mean very basically, as there is SO much to analyse here) American Psycho is about a banker on Wall Street who that is also a serial killer, and the book highlights how the American Dream has been distorted through materialistic consumerism and the main character's obsession with his appearance. I did not anticipate how gory this book would be. It’s also slightly awkward reading this on the commute because of the violent murdering and the graphic sex! I feel like I have to rush those chapters in case the guy next to me on the train thinks I’m a freak, or just reading Fifty Shades of Grey.

It – Alexa Chung

You don’t have to read this book in any order, so it’s interesting to pick it up now and again. Plus you can do what they do in Urban Outfitters where they decoratively place it around the store to make it look edgy LOL. It looks cool okay.

The Dating Game – Lucy Watson

Yes that’s right I bought this and she knows what she is talking about. To be entirely honest though, I was given most of this advice from my friend Eva when I was 16 (how was she so wise?) but I didn’t put any of it into practice until now. I would like to say I know what I’m doing now in this arena, but I probably really don’t!

Lamp

Always nice to be able to see when it’s dark.

Coaster

For coffee obviously!

0 comments: