Bare Minerals 30 Day Complexion Starter Kit

20:35 Unknown 1 Comments

This 30-Day Complexion Starter Kit is a great way to try a few of the Bare Minerals products to get the full experience. Bare Minerals is the one brand that I always push on all of my friends to use, and let me tell you why…

1) YOU CAN SLEEP IN THIS STUFF. I’ve already told you guys that I am pretty lazy and sometimes sleep in my makeup after a night out (even reaching for a makeup wipe is a struggle). So as you can imagine, when discovering this, Bare Minerals foundation quickly became a staple in my makeup bag.

2) This is a god send when you’re having a spotty day. (No one tells you that you still get spots as an adult!) My skin is always looking healthier when I use Bare Minerals over a heavy/liquid foundation.

3) Your foundation won’t feel like it’s sliding off your face on a hot sunny day. Let’s be honest, we’ve all suffered from a melting face in the summer and it’s not pretty! I honestly don’t have this problem with Bare Minerals though.

Unless you have a QVC obsessed Auntie (like me) that can explain to you, Bare Minerals can be a bit confusing to use so let me run through the products!

The Prime Time Primer should be applied first after you have moisturised. I honestly never saw the point of primer prior to using this, but I’ve never looked back!

The Original SPF 15 Foundation is where the true magic happens. You pour the powder into the lid, swirl with the Flawless Face Brush and buff it into your skin and voila. I use medium beige which does sound dark, but I would usually opt for ivory in any other foundation, so bear that in mind.

The Mineral Veil is a pearl coloured powder that seals everything in and is applied using a similar buffing method.

The only negative I have about Bare Minerals is that their brushes have a tendency to malt. This has resulted in me leaving the house like a mad, hairy, bearded woman if I ever do my makeup in the dark. I would love to know if anyone has ditched this for a different brush!?

The kit also includes their SPF 20 Concealer powder and the Mini Concealer Brush. If I’m honest I have AWFUL dark circles, and as a result go a bit Kim K with my concealer, using a liquid one to hide everything. I have however applied the powder over my liquid concealer – This has stopped my mascara rubbing off on my under eyes and sticking - never a good look!

My favourites from this set are definitely the Prime Time primer and the foundation which I buy again and again. Bare Minerals can be a bit pricey so if you’re watching the pennies, the foundation on its own is great, and can be used in combination with your other favourite products.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog at work. We are very interested in this article.

    M

    ReplyDelete