April Favourites

20:46 Unknown 0 Comments

Benefit - The Porefessional Pro Balm Primer

I was given a sample of The Porefessional after a massive splurge on Benefits products one afternoon, and I definitely will be buying the regular size when pay day arrives! Do you ever catch a glance of your face in the toilet mirror at work at around 4pm, and start to doubt whether you even applied makeup that day? Where does it go?! This happened to me constantly BUT I honestly can say this stuff prevents any 4pm mirror meltdowns, and ensures that your foundation stays put. Not only this, but it conceals any visible pores – perfect for when you’ve sat there squeezing spots in the mirror prior to applying your foundation!

L'Occitane - Verveine Gel Crème

I was sceptical of this hand cream when buying it because it sells for £8, but I’d heard wonderful things about L’Occitane so I treated myself. Although you don’t get a huge amount for your money you are paying for quality. My hands get so dry to the extent that they crack and even bleed - mmm nice! This hand cream has been an absolute dream and worked miracles. Plus it smells amazing.

Boots Slanted Tweezers

I have lost about 5 pairs of tweezers in the last year and I’m so intrigued to know if this happens to anyone else?! I just do not understand where they go, so I refuse to buy the Tweezerman ones which are £20. I’ve been using these Boots own brand slanted tweezers which are amazing and only £1.80!

Benefit - Hoola

This bronzer doesn’t even need an introduction, and now that summer is upon us everyone needs to invest in Benefit Hoola bronzer. A lot of people throw the brush away in favour of using a professional brush. I personally love the shape of the brush and usually brush a line under my cheek bones to define my face. Then I’ll apply it lightly to the upper part of my cheekbones and blend. If you have a round face like me, this bronzer is also amazing for defining the rest of your face. My friends actually say that I look like the moon emoji in photos because my face is round – it’s funny but also very true - so I tend to apply Hoola lightly to my jawline, the top of my forehead, and on the sides of my nose to look more defined (and less moon-like).

Bare Minerals - Lash Domination

Anyone that knows me knows I am BIG on mascara and apply a generous amount. Despite this habit, this mascara has lasted me a good few months without drying out. My lashes definitely did dominate.

Rimmel - BB Cream 9-in-1

To tell the truth this has been sitting in my draw for a LONG time and initially I saw BB creams as pretty pointless. However looking back, when I first used this, I applied way too much. You definitely don’t need as much as normal foundation and as a result it didn’t blend very well! I gave it another shot last week and have to say I’m impressed. I’ve had massive breakouts in the last few weeks, so I love that this isn’t too heavy on your skin. Also it says 9-in-1 so you know, that’s got to count for something?

0 comments: